Finding your Brave
In this episode, I share with you one of the bravest moments in my life, and how finding your brave can lead you to a life you love living.
In this episode I talk about:
- This episode is a little different to the other episode of the When we are BRAVE podcast. As this episode is just me, sharing a story of how I was BRAVE when I faced my biggest fear and how when we face our biggest fears, and move through our fear, we can move forward, feeling empowered, free and liberated.
- Knowing how hard these last few months have been, I thought I would share a story which I hope will inspire you to live your best and bravest life. But what I also wanted to share with you is that even though time have been tough snd there will always be tough times in our lives when all of this is over, we will know that we survived. That in its self is powerful. Knowing that you have gone through something big in your life and that yes, you can do it!
- My biggest fear was – The Saxetenbach Gorge in Switzerland, where the 1999 Swiss Canyoning Disaster stole the lives of 21 young people in a flash flood and I survived.
- The tools I used to help me through facing my fear, I share with you during this episode.
- Where my life was at when I knew I was about to face my fear was challenging, overwhelming and I thought I had it all under control – to some extent. But I wasn’t. I wasn’t confident that I could do the thing, that I needed to do most.
- Writing my book – Brave Enough Now was a cathartic experience, but I didn’t just write it for me, I wrote it in hope that it would help someone who felt alone, that needed encouragement, and would help them to make positive choices in their life. If I can do it, so can they.
- The importance of family, and of friends and how these connections help us throughout our life.
- Expressing gratitude is important to help us put things into perspective and enables us to move forward in our lives.
I ask you the following questions:
When has there been a time in your life when you have had to face something you never thought you could?
What does it mean to you to live your best and bravest life?
What does it mean to you to be brave?
When you think about being brave, what do you think and do you think you are brave?
What would it mean to you to be brave in your life, and if you were brave, how would your life change?
I know how hard it can be to feel brave, to feel empowered, to stand up for what you believe in, but I know that with the right help, you can move through your challenges if you take that very first step. And that my friends is where the bravery begins.
If I can stand back in that canyon, and face m y biggeste fear. then so can you! You can face whatever it is in your life that you need to meet, move through your fear and tune into who you are.
Not only are there episodes on the When we are Brave podcast out there to help you, but also I have my new guided journal – Discovering Your Brave, a guided journal to uncover your best and bravest self, soon to be launched in paperback.
My mission in life is to help empower people to be their authentic self and live their best and bravest life.
I would love to connect with you on how you have been brave in your life. Leave a comment in the comments below. Share on your social pages and with family and friends if you think this could help them in some way.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and leave a review. It’s reviews that help people discover podcasts in podcasting land. Here is the link to leave your review. I am forever grateful.
Together we can lead out best and bravest life.
So, my friends, until next time, be brave and live your best life.