Appreciate all that is yours
Author Yael Maree and Tiffany Johnson talk about appreciating all that is yours in your life and living in gratitude.
In this episode, Author Yael Maree talks about how living across the globe has transformed not only her writing but also her outlook on life, where she learnt to appreciate all that is. As a young child growing up in different countries, she faced some harrowing sites. Yael shares with us how she finds gratitude in daily life. She talks about how her experiences have mouldered her writing. Her second book in the series Mating Season – BEN is out now.
Yael talks about:
• Yael has had a lot of different insights from living in Israel, Nigeria, South Africa, England, Thailand and now Australia. Through her travels, a witness to extreme poverty, Yael tell us how people learn to adapt to what they have. She discovered how we could all find our happiness through these experiences.
• Not only has her travels and living experiences shaped her life, but it has also inspired her writing. “Seeing how other people live and being able to not take for granted everything that you have. But rather appreciate every single thing you have worked for and every single thing that you have. And be grateful every day because it’s not about the physical things but emotionally, mentally our families and our friends, and things that we have gathered around us that make us better and happier that we need is to grasp on and be grateful for. Seeing young children living without opens your eyes to another way of life.”
• Yael and I discuss social media and how it can skew people’s ideas of the truth of a place. She talks about how cultures and histories of countries develop both her sense of self and her writing.
• Yael talks about how she uses writing to help her deal with her own emotions. And how her writing helps her deal with her anxiety. When she puts words on paper, she can express herself and feel freedom within herself. Yael also shares with us some fabulous tools to help any aspiring writers out there, including a good coffee;)
• Our emotions and real-world issues can mirror that of a fictional setting, like in Yael’s book series – Mating Season, a dystopian romance. The second book in the series – BEN is out now! She also gives some insight into what happens next in Mating Season. You can grab it on AMAZON.
“Seeing how other people live and being able to not take for granted everything you have. But rather appreciate every single thing you have worked for and every single thing that you have. And be grateful every day because it’s not about the physical things but emotionally, mentally our families and our friends, and things that we have gathered around us that make us better and happier that we really need to grasp on and be grateful for.”
Yael’s Tip for living Bravely
Writing can help you deal with many different emotions, be truthful with yourself and make it a routine, to write every day, and you will be amazed at how much it can benefit you.
How to connect with Yael:
Thank you so much for tuning into When we are BRAVE.
If you liked this episode of When we are BRAVE, then SUBSCRIBE and REVIEW the show. Reviews and Subscriptions help podcasts get out into the world of podcasts and are greatly appreciated.
For more inspiration check out my book Brave Enough Now, an inspirational Story of self-discovery, survival and hope.
So, my friends, until next time, be brave and live your best life.